This article is an introduction article about ApexSQL Search options and features.
ApexSQL Search is SQL search add-in for SSMS and Visual Studio. It offers text search in SQL database objects and data, allows safe renaming of SQL objects, and graphical visualization of object interdependencies.
ApexSQL Search can be:
- Search for text within database objects (including object names) using the Object search
- Search for data stored in tables and views (even encrypted ones) using the Text search
- Repeat previous searches in a single click using the Search history
- Change the name and schema of tables, views, stored procedures, functions, columns, and parameters without breaking a databases with the Safe rename refactor
- Visually edit SQL objects’ extended properties via the Extended property editor feature