The account running central or distributed service/process needs to be changed.
The general cause for this is encountered when user permissions are or need to be changed or similar.
SOLUTION 1 – Central service/process
In order to change the login running the central service and the process, the application reinstall must be performed.
ApexSQL Audit can be installed either by:
- Running the ApexSQLAudit.exe installation file
- Running the ApexSQL.Audit.Installer.exe file from the installation directory (default location is C:\ProgramFiles\ApexSQL\ApexSQL Audit\ApexSQ.Audit.Installer.exe)
Regardless of the choice of re-install approach, the ApexSQL Audit central instance setup dialog is shown and will prompt for input.
To perform the installation process:
- Provide Username (ensure they have Windows administrator credentials)
- Enter Password
- Click on the Install button
After short processing, ApexSQL Audit reinstall will be completed and service/process will now be running under newly configured login.
SOLUTION 2 – Distributed (remote) service/process
User login running the remote agent can be quickly changed from within ApexSQL Audit GUI.
To start the process:
- Start ApexSQL Audit and click on the Configure button in the main ribbon
- Select the SQL Server instance where the account that will be changed is running
- Click on the Edit button
- In the Auditing agent properties dialog, provide valid username and password
- Click OK to complete the process