This article explains how to reduce the size of a CHM document.
To reduce the size of documentation in.CHM format, uncheck the following options in the Database options tab under Data sources and objects panel:
- System objects
- Data definition language (DDL) script
- Transact-SQL syntax highlighting
- Documentation of procedure/function result sets
- Dependency (parents/children) lists/tables
- Explicitly parse database for improved dependency accuracy
- Graphical dependencies
- Data model diagrams
Note: Disabling some of these options affects documentation quality.
About ApexSQL Doc
ApexSQL Doc documents SQL Servers, databases, objects, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes and SSRS items and Tableau server sites in a single document. Create database documentation in a variety of formats including compiled help (.CHM), HTML, PDF and MS Word and eliminate a time consuming task with a high performance documentation engine.