This article describes how to install ApexSQL Audit and its components.
Permissions and requirements
Before proceeding with ApexSQL Audit deployment, please check the Permissions and requirements knowledgebase article to ensure that your target system meets the requirements listed in the article.
To install the ApexSQL Audit components:
- Log on as a user with administrator permissions to the computer where ApexSQL Audit will be installed
- Start the installation
Dialoging the installation wizard, first select the appropriate components to be installed
- Main application (the GUI and the Central repository database)
- Main GUI (the standalone GUI)
- ApexSQL Audit reports
- Server-side components (Windows service which allows auditing of SQL Server instances remotely via the ApexSQL Audit main application)
- Continue and choose installation directory
In case you are installing ApexSQL Audit Reports, installation wizard will complete when clicked on ‘install’ button
In case when Main application is being installed, after copying the files, the installation will prompt for a target SQL Server instance by showing a list of local SQL Server instances in the Repository location drop-down menu. Users can optionally change port which is set to 64561 by default. Next, provide user credentials (username and password) and choose temporary files location. Additionally, location for repository files can be changed and users can opt to archive old database in case there is a central repository from previous versions or installations already present on the selected SQL Server instance.
This will complete the installation of ApexSQL Audit Main application.
Note: If you selected the Install server-side components option, installation process will not require any input from the user and will complete the installation process automatically.